Oh, 2013. Without setting out to do it, I ran 13 races in 2013. And I wrote a whole lot about them. Welcome to my year in review.
I started the year with a bang at the Walt Disney World Marathon. And I’m ending with a bang with the Runner’s World Holiday Running Streak.
In between, the year was filled with a roller coaster of highs and lows.
If 2013 taught me anything, it’s that you can’t win them all. But you can still have fun trying.
This photo of me with my finisher’s medal at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon is proof of that. I was sick, failed to run a marathon personal best like I wanted, but still managed to enjoy the race. My smile says it all.
And you know what? When you give a goal your best and fail, it makes the successes even sweeter. I ran 6 of the 13 races either as fun runs or training runs and I ran 7 of the 13 races as races, pushing with everything I had. I managed to PR at three of them, and scored a few PRs in workouts without even trying, too. I’ll save those for my Goals of 2014 post.
So here are my 13 races of 2013.
Year in Review: 13 Races of 2013
1) Walt Disney World Marathon, Florida | January 13, 2013
2) City Parks Foundation Run for the Parks 4 Miler, New York | April 21, 2013
3) UnitedHealthcare Providence Half Marathon, Rhode Island | May 12, 2013
4) Montauk Point Lighthouse Sprint Triathlon, New York | July 21, 2013
5) Wild Dog Triathlon, Rhode Island | August 11, 2013
6) I Ran The Farm 5K, Rhode Island | August 17, 2013
7) Kaua’i Half Marathon, Hawai’i | September 1, 2013
8) Direct Edge Newport Liberty Half Marathon, New Jersey | September 22, 2013
9) Yonkers Marathon, New York | September 29, 2013
10) SHAPE Diva Dash, New Jersey | October 5, 2013
11) Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, Ontario, Canada | October 20, 2013
12) Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon, Florida | November 9, 2013
13) Trot Off Your Turkey 5K, Rhode Island | November 30, 2013
Top 13 runDisney Posts of 2013
With all that running came a lot of writing. Here are my Top 13 most-read posts of 2013. I’ve got two Top 13 lists: runDisney posts and all my other posts. These lists tend to be a bit biased toward posts from earlier in the year or even previous years, as they have more time to accumulate views, so you won’t see much from Disney Wine & Dine Half and fall races. But c’est la vie!
Top 13 Running Posts of 2013
Thank you to everyone who stops by my corner of the internet. Here’s to 2014 full of amazing runs and races. Happy New Year!