The LA Marathon is a race that’s on my to-do list. A start at Dodger Stadium and a net-downhill finish on the beach in Santa Monica? Yes, please.
Unfortunately, I’ve had a race-day scheduling conflict every year that it’s been on my radar. But it can’t stop me from dreaming.
If you’re one of the lucky folks heading to Southern California for the LA Marathon on March 17, check out this hotel package from the Shore Hotel. It isn’t cheap, but it sure is convenient.
Here’s what the Shore Hotel has to offer:
LA Marathon Package
- Rates starting at $449
- Overnight accommodations with one king bed or two queen/double beds
- “Carb-Load” dinner at Locanda del Lago
- Post-marathon celebration at the hotel with Paleta juices, massages, stretching and other recovery treats
- Available for stays March 10 – March 24, 2013
- The L.A. Marathon takes place on Sunday, March 17, 2013. Additional nights can be booked at a special rate.
The Shore Hotel is a AAA Four Diamond and LEED Gold certified hotel with unobstructed views of the mighty Pacific, an outdoor pool and fitness center—you know, if running a marathon isn’t enough exercise for one weekend. And spectators might even be able to see the marathon finish line in the distance from an ocean-view room.
Visit www.ShoreHotel.com or call Shore Hotel reservations at 800.599.1515 to book or for more information.
And registration for the LA Marathon on March 17 is still open, so you could be one of those lucky folks on your way to an oceanfront run.
Karla Bruning is host of On The Run, New York Road Runner’s weekly lifestyle web show about running. She has completed six marathons, two triathlons and trains with the New York Harriers. Follow Karla’s “Notes From a Running Nerd” at RunKarlaRun.com, Facebook and Twitter@KBruning.