FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY
What: Gotham to Golden Gate: The San Francisco Marathon™ and Crowdrise™ Partnership Launch Party.
Edward Norton and Robin Quivers, along with runners, athletes, fitness gurus, celebrities, philanthropists, sponsors and marathon fanatics will gather to promote “Worth the Hurt™,” a global campaign to ‘conquer the hurt’ for charitable causes. The San Francisco Marathon is daring New Yorkers to run on their turf and raise money for a good cause.
Join them for drinks, music and other fun. All attendees 21 or over are welcome. Please mention “The SF Marathon” when you arrive.
When: 10 p.m. Friday Nov. 5
Where: Gansevoort Park Avenue, 420 Park Avenue South (at 29th Street) in New York City in the hotel’s Red Room.
How: RSVP to email@example.com, 201.394.5764 or via Facebook.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY EVENT
What: Marathon Athlete Appearances at Paragon Sports
- 12-1 p.m. Magda Lewey-Boulet, 2008 U.S. Olympic Team member
- 3-4 p.m. Deena Kastor, American record holder in the marathon and half marathon, and 2004 Olympic bronze medalist
- 3-4 p.m. Lolo Jones, 2008 U.S. Olympic Team member, World Indoor Champion
- 12-1 p.m. Molly Huddle, American record holder in the 5000m
- 1-2 p.m. Jenny Barringer, 2008 U.S. Olympic Team member, 4-time NCAA champion
- 1-2 p.m. Andy Baddely, 2008 U.K Olympic Team member
- 2-3 p.m. Rod Dixon, 1983 New York City Marathon champion, 1972 Olympic bronze medalist
When: Friday, Nov. 5 12 to 4 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 6 from 12 to 3 p.m.
Where: Paragon Sports, 867 Broadway between 17th and 18th Streets in New York City
FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY PROMOTION
What: NYC Marathon Runners Get Free Pasta at FoodParc’s Fornetti
Fornetti–located in FoodParc, a new 20,000 sq. ft. modern food court–is offering runners who present their 2010 NYC marathon bib a free pasta dish. Choices include Linguini with White Clam Sauce, Spaghetti Squash Carbonara, Rigatoni Bolognese and Penne with Tomato & Basil, and are served on a choice of fresh-baked wheat or white flatbread.
On Sunday, Nov. 7, runners who present their marathon finish line medals at Foodparc will receive their choice of a free smoothie or a large soft-serve frozen yogurt with one topping. And through February 2011, any member of New York Road Runners who presents their club membership card will receive 20 percent off any pasta order.
All offers are limited to one per customer, per visit.
When: Friday, Saturday and Sunday Nov. 5, 6 and 7.
Where: Fornetti at Foodparc, 845 6th Avenue near West 29th Street in New York City.